Somehow, being able to express myself through written words is simpler than saying it.

Search This Blog

Monday, October 22, 2012

Auckland - City of Sails Day 2

So it's taken a while before this blog...been quite busy these days. Lotsa things to do in school, and lotsa things to adjust to in a new land. =D Anyway, as outlined in my previous blog, I've just spent my first day in Auckland. First day in a new country EVER, and it was one helluva day. =D

Here's the story of my second day...

Auckland, New Zealand: Day 2

So I woke up to a really warm bed, courtesy of Demi Luv's heated bed (cool aye? =D), and immediately went to preparing for Mark's birthday celebration. What a way to start my first few days here in NZ, right? Thought so too! =D


So we headed off to Mark's house (which was a great, lovely house, by the way...oh how the other half lives... =D) and partied with some other Filipino folks whom I just met that day. Haha Apparently, that's how you establish a connection here. Join the party even if you only know one or two of the guests there. =D They had lechon, which was a big shock for me. Never thought I'd get to see it so soon (though it tasted a little off. Cebu's lechon still tastes the best).

A little past lunch, with our stomachs all full from the delicious food, Demi, Elbert and I went out and met with Jezrael. Headed to Albert Park and rendezvoused with Gino. Since it's my first time in Auckland, they've graciously offered to tour me around the city and elsewhere. It's bloody awesome to have friends tour you around the place for free! =D We went around Queen Street, toward the Viaducts, saw some sails, enjoyed the sun, and talked and talked and talked. Walking here in NZ has become a necessity for me these days. But it's fun. And its even better coz you don't really sweat. =D Our last stop was at this somehow expensive but still quite delicious Thai restaurant somewhere in Marina Bay (I think that's what that beachfront was called). Again, they paid for my food. Lucky! =D


Soon, it was 7pm and we had to head on to our bus stop. We arrived just in the nick of time. Really. Coz we had to run toward the bus and we were the last passengers to board before it headed off my next destination. Palmerston North. =D Thankfully, Elbert came with me to Palmy (great boyfriend, isn't he? =D) to help set me up in my homestay. =D

The bus ride was about 9 hours, and at about 4:45am, we arrived in a 2-degreeCelsius-fog-breathing-Palmerston-North. And that warrants another blog. =D

xoxo
-hny-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Red Butterfly